Tuesday, June 15, 2010

AutoBiography


Emilia is what I prefer to be called for I feel it perfectly describes me. Rival and admiring is what Emilia is defined as and I can give testimony of its truth for I tend to be my own worst enemy and admiring for I stand in awe in the presence of those who can overcome all of the turbulences that they are confronted with and rise as better people. I aim to follow their attitude; therefore, I follow my Catholic religion as best as humanly possible for I know that this is what will lead me to salvation and the ultimate prize of standing in the presence of Jesus-Christ, father and redeemer of all. Well as can be concluded I am crazy about God. I was raised with multiple Catholic values and I try to exercise these values every day; yet coming from a family of thirteen brothers and sisters this is highly difficult. Yes, you do have your glasses on. You have read right my family is composed of thirteen brothers and sisters from the same mother and father. As I mentioned before my family is strictly Catholic and do not believe in the use of contraceptives for they deprive a life from forming. Me? I believe this but oh Lord is it hard to keep believing in this when I observe all of the stupidities my brothers tend to commit.


I was born in Guanajuato, Mexico; however, I was raised in Dallas, Texas from the tender age of four. Since my arrival here I have not returned to my native land; however, my heart yearns to set my bare feet on the moist land and sierras that surround the rancho of where my non-immediate family resides. I recently graduated from Skyline Center High School in Dallas in the top seven, not ten, top seven percent of my class and by doing this accomplishing one of my desired goals. My next step has been to enroll and currently take part of The University of Texas at Dallas’s Academic Bridge Program which allows me to get a head start in my college experience by attending summer classes and living on campus all expenses paid. I am truly grateful for this for I am learning instead of wasting my time in frivolous activities such as going to the monstrous and consuming mall (I’m probably just jealous in a way).


My aspirations include not tripping while I cross the stage to receive my college diploma, pursuing my photojournalistic and psychology career, and going pre-med in this process (it seems impossible but I have my trust in God and I know that I shall achieve this), and ultimately going in missions to help those less fortunate. Allow me to get off subject for a second; yet, I feel the urge to inform others of the epiphany I experienced about the truth about how “poor” I and many others are. There are children out there who wish for nothing more than to see their family again after being separated, children out there who want nothing more than someone to say, “I love you”, fetuses who are already fighting against death by abortion , and children out there who are dying of nothing but cold and hunger; therefore, I am the richest person in the world for I have a family who loves and annoy me, a warm meal and bed that greet me every day, friends who entertain me in the moments when I feel like crap and ultimately Jesus who never abandons me but rather forgives me even in the times I want to go into an eternal sleep (but not really for suicide is a sin). Instead of complaining all the time I look to the good things in life and at the misery of others who rise above it all. I also desire to live my life in peace and love.


I decided to deprive corporate America from feeding me fesses in the form of gross meat. I have been a vegetarian for more than two years now and I feel contempt with myself for doing so. Not very tall but can still defend myself, not very slim for I am big boned (or so I tell myself to not become anorexic), big nopal on my frente and proud of it, and some might say sarcastic-they’re nothing but idiots without a sense of direction, and tired of complaints and excuses (but not when I feel it necessary for me to present them) and glad to be where I am at this moment.


Excuse me for excluding my favorite color and food and similar items; yet, most people don’t truly care to know these sorts of things.


Have a great day (:

1 comment:

  1. I love God too. And the fact that you mentioned the "poor" made me realize how afortunate I am for having all these great things I do like my wonderful family and friends. It is horrible how there are many people that don't have not even half of what most of us do. I agree with you in trying to help the less fortunate. I, thank God, have never experienced what these people have, but I will be more than glad to help them and make their lives a little better. You are a compassionate person, and that says a lot about your personality and the way you are.

    ReplyDelete