
Recently I have started playing the guitar and it's making me crazy. I want to break it. Grrrrrr.... Does the guitar strings vibrating on your fingers make you feel awesome? Well to me it makes me want to learn to play professionally; yet, it's harder than it looks. I took up the guitar to play for my church choir for I sing there as well so I was just like I might as well play the guitar too. At first the finger exercises were annoying but to I recently found out that in order to do anything one must first learn the basics. This ties in to life in general for everything requires you to learn the basics first. Back to the guitar now, well I just recently learned to play "la Nina de tus Ojos" and I feel at the top of the world. Man my chubby fingers piss me of for I end up pressing down on the wrong string because they're so fat and corrode to the next string. Well at times when I get fed up I feel like just giving up but if I keep doing this in general I will never complete anything and so I keep on learning and someday I hope you guys I"ll see me playing alongside Jorge Morel (he is an awesomely talented Catholic singer).
Emilia, God has given you the talent to play an instrument and play songs that worship Him. I wished i had that talent but everybody is different. I know that sometimes it may get a bit frustrating but if you set your mind to actually learning to play you will turn out to really good. No matter if its playing an instrument or just finishing a tasks but we never need to give up.
ReplyDeleteEmilia, when i read this blog post it made me giggle a little. It's just so funny how irritated you seem to be. I know it's hard to learn how to play an instrument, but I'm sure you will soon get the hang of it. Once you get the basics down, it should get a lot easier along the way.Oh and I totally agree on what you said about life. You cannot run if you don't learn to walk first, and you can't walk if you don't learn to crawl first. You're crawling right now, but you know what, that's okay!
ReplyDeleteLet me start off by saying good for you, not many people can say they play an instrument so you better not quit or you will be one of those people. I think it’s funny how you blamed your “chubby fingers” but that’s not it trust me your just inexperienced at the moment. I know how hard it is to try to master an instrument but like you said the basics must be learned first in order to succeed. You also need patience; one can’t expect to master anything in one day, you just need to take it one step at a time.
ReplyDeleteYou will do great. Do not be so hard on yourself. Practice is part of success. We all have to start at the bottom and work our way up till we get to where we want to be.
ReplyDeleteI know how you feel. Not about the gittar but like you say it aplyes for everything. It is frustrating that at the beggining you feel like you are never going to be able to be where you want to be! Like you said with practice comes perfection. We will never be perfect, only God was, but we can try to atleast do well in what we are told to do. As I see you are a very talented person. It is good to know that there are people like you that use their talents for a good cause. It is wonderful to know that you learned a song already! See, if you keep on working one day you will be a proffesiaonal guittar player. Do not let obstacles, such as the length of your fingers, get in your way.
ReplyDelete